What is this?

One night I was talking to Dave Leigh & others in Artifiction. The topic of a top 10 "hottie" list came up, and we discussed who would be on our lists. I had a good idea of who would probably make my list, but had never actually typed one up. As I sat down to make a rough draft, names kept popping into my head, and I quickly ran out of places on my list. After I narrowed it down to 10, I decided that I might as well post the others I listed. Every now & then I'll add a few more to the list. I don't really expect anyone to keep up with this or to make this a regular project. Posting only 10 seems too...incomplete...and it would bug me to have it unfinished.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

#1 Jennifer Love Hewitt

"100Babes" wasn't available as a blogspot URL, and so that's why the URL is "200Boobs". That makes my top pick even more appropriate since her boobs have their own nicknames. At one point I think there was a blog dedicated just to her boobs. As great as her boobs are, they aren't even the reason Jennifer Love Hewitt is at the top of my list.

I grew up with Jennifer on my TV pretty much every week. We're the same age, and she was a child star at a very young age. Her first big break on TV was "Kids Incorporated", and from the get go I was hooked. I also had a crush on Stacy Ann Ferguson (aka Fergie), who was also on the show. That didn't last long though, and my crush on Love remains to this day.

"Kids Incorporated" was the perfect show for Love to start out on. She wasn't much of an actress, but she was cute, perky & could sing. Many people don't know that she released multiple CD's as a kid, and even though they weren't popular in the U.S., they were popular in Japan. She later had some success with the single "How Do I Deal" & the CD "BareNaked". She has performed on the soundtracks of multiple movies, and wrote/performed a song for the animated Disney film "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II".

After "Kids Incorporated" she had a bad run of failed TV projects. Some managed a very short run, while others never got past the pilot stage. Before her big break on "Party Of Five" she also appeared in some dull kiddie movies as well. After her "Party Of Five" success, she finally had a little success in film with "I Know What You Did Last Summer". Before the sequel was filmed, she was in another movie called "Can't Hardly Wait" which is one of the best teen films of the decade. The late 90's probably represent the height of her popularity thus far in her career. "Ghost Whisperer" was a popular show, but she hasn't really had the film success she did in the late 90's during it's run. Even though I'm a big fan, I have to admit most of her movies have totally sucked. She was even in one of the first really bad Jackie Chan movies. If I had to recommend one of her movies, it would be "If Only". It's not known by many people, but it's a shockingly good film. It's a chick flick, but it had me tearing up, and Jennifer gets to sing 2 GREAT songs in the film.

This list obviously takes into account more than careers. Physically she's the girl next door (which I like), and doesn't have the typical body type you find in Hollywood. However, the main reason she's on the top of my list is that she seems to genuinely be a good person. I've followed her career closer than most, and she is one of the few people that doesn't make the tabloids for drug & sex scandals. She does a lot of charity work, and seems to be one of the sweetest people I've ever seen in the spotlight. Of course it could be an act, but based on her catalog of work...I'd say she ain't a good enough actress to fool people for this long.

Watch It:
If Only (2004)
Party Of Five (1994-2000)
Can't Hardly Wait (1998)
I Know What You Did Last Summer (1997)
Trojan War (1997)
House Arrest (1996)

Listen To It:
Jennifer Love Hewitt (1996)
BareNaked (2002)
Love Will Show You Everything ("If Only" (2004) soundtrack)

More Info:
- Named the sexiest woman in the world in 1999 by Maxim.
- She has produced her own TV & film projects, and has directed a little as well.
- She wrote the book "The Day I Shot Cupid".
- Hewitt's first album "Love Songs", was released when she was 12.

Love Will Show You Everything

BareNaked

How Do I Deal

Please Save Us The World

Hero by Enrique Iglesias

Girl On TV by LFO

Her Music Videos:
1992 "Please Save Us The World"
1995 "Couldn't Find Another Man"
1996 "No Ordinary Love" (I have not seen this one)
1999 "How Do I Deal"
2002 "I'm Gonna Love You (Madellaine's Love Song)"
2002 "BareNaked"
2003 "Can I Go Now"

Music Video Appearances:
1998 "Can't Get Enough of You, Baby" by Smash Mouth
1998 "High" (U.S. version) by Feeder
1999 "Girl on TV" by LFO
2001 "Hero" by Enrique Iglesias
2010 "Christmas Tonight" by Dave Barnes

Feel free to post your own top 10 babes in the comments...or just complain about my picks.

No comments:

Post a Comment