What is this?

One night I was talking to Dave Leigh & others in Artifiction. The topic of a top 10 "hottie" list came up, and we discussed who would be on our lists. I had a good idea of who would probably make my list, but had never actually typed one up. As I sat down to make a rough draft, names kept popping into my head, and I quickly ran out of places on my list. After I narrowed it down to 10, I decided that I might as well post the others I listed. Every now & then I'll add a few more to the list. I don't really expect anyone to keep up with this or to make this a regular project. Posting only 10 seems too...incomplete...and it would bug me to have it unfinished.

Monday, March 21, 2011

#10 Robyn Lively

Robyn Elaine Lively's mother, stepfather & all her siblings have been in the entertainment industry. So it's not shocking that she was a child actor, and by age six had already made an appearance in a TV movie.

In the mid to late 80's it looked like she had a shot at becoming a legit star in Hollywood. She was in "Not Quite Human", "Teen Witch", "The Karate Kid, Part III" & a couple other films. However she's spent most of her career doing guest spots on TV & smaller film roles. Over the last few decades I've seen her guest on a lot of shows I watched: Punky Brewster (1984–1988), Quantum Leap (1989–1993), Doogie Howser, M.D. (1991–1993), The X-Files (1993–2002), The Drew Carey Show (1995–2004), JAG (1995–2005), Early Edition (1996–2000), The District (2000–2004), American Dreams (2002–2005) & recently Psych (2006– ). She has landed a couple regular roles on TV over the years, but unfortunately the shows didn't last long. I never saw Savannah (1996–1997), but George & Leo (1997–1998) was a pretty cool show while it lasted. She's far from being a household name, but still someone I've been crushin' on for decades now. She has a recent Acting Reel posted on her website if you want to take a look.

Watch It:
The Best Of Times (1986)
Not Quite Human (TV 1987)
Teen Witch (1989)
The Karate Kid, Part III (1989)
Not Quite Human II (TV 1989)
George & Leo (1997–1998)

Miss Twin Peaks Contest
Robyn Lively's seductress character performs a dance of "contortionistic jazz exotica" for the astonished onlookers at the Miss Twin Peaks (1990–1991) contest. It was very difficult to make a music or dance connection with this entry. This is the only clip I could find of Robyn singing or dancing. Well that's not true, there's a little dancing in the next clip, but not much.

Teen Witch - The Musical Scenes
Robyn hasn't done much dancing or singing on screen that I know of, one of her most popular films does have a few musical moments...even if she's not directly involved. (I Like Boys) (Top That) (Popular Girl) (My Finest Hour)

TRS Intro 103
The "Top That" scene in "Teen Witch" is a fairly well known moment in film. It's been parodied a lot over the years, here's one of my favorites..

Feel free to post your own top 10 babes in the comments...or just complain about my picks.

No comments:

Post a Comment