What is this?

One night I was talking to Dave Leigh & others in Artifiction. The topic of a top 10 "hottie" list came up, and we discussed who would be on our lists. I had a good idea of who would probably make my list, but had never actually typed one up. As I sat down to make a rough draft, names kept popping into my head, and I quickly ran out of places on my list. After I narrowed it down to 10, I decided that I might as well post the others I listed. Every now & then I'll add a few more to the list. I don't really expect anyone to keep up with this or to make this a regular project. Posting only 10 seems too...incomplete...and it would bug me to have it unfinished.

Friday, March 18, 2011

#7 Halle Berry

Halle Berry is just the right mix of vanilla & chocolate. Honestly I don't care much for the movies she has been in, but this isn't a talent contest, it's all about the sexy...well mostly at least. My favorite film she was in is probably "Executive Decision", and it's not exactly a great role. "Monster's Ball" gained her a lot of acclaim, but I didn't care for it. But at least she went topless for the 2nd time in 2001. (she also did in "Swordfish")

Halle doesn't sing or dance on film to my knowledge, but she has been in 2 movies with a music connection. She was in "Why Do Fools Fall In Love", about Frankie Lyman. A year later she got the lead in "Introducing Dorothy Dandridge" which was a pretty good flick.

Watch It:
X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)
X2 (2003)
X-Men (2000)
Introducing Dorothy Dandridge (TV 1999)
Executive Decision (1996)
The Last Boy Scout (1991)

More Info: (Source)
- Born Halle Maria Berry.
- Is named after the grand old Halle Building in Cleveland, Ohio, which originally housed the Halle Brothers department store. The building is now an office building and the fictional setting for the Winfred-Louder department store on "The Drew Carey Show".
- In high school, was an honor society member, editor of the school paper, and class president. Was also crowned prom queen.
- Won Miss Teen All American in 1985.
- Was Miss Ohio USA in 1986.
- Was Miss USA; first runner-up in 1986.
- Is a type 1 diabetic.
- Named one of the "50 Most Beautiful People" in People Magazine 8 times. She is tied with Julia Roberts with the most appearances all time.
- Ranked #7 on Maxim magazine's Hot 100 of 2002 list.
- Ranked #41 on Maxim magazine's Hot 100 of 2005 list.
- Ranked #55 on Maxim magazine's Hot 100 of 2007 list.
- Turned down the role of Annie in Speed.
- On Febuary 26, 2005, she showed up in person to accept the Razzie award for Worst Actress for her role as Catwoman and became the first actress to do so.
- Saved from choking on a fig by Pierce Brosnan during shooting of the love scene on Cuba for Die Another Day.

Introducing Dorothy Dandridge Trailer
The first black woman to be nominated for an Academy Award for Best Actress is portrayed by the first black woman to win an Academy Award as Best Actress.

I Got Rhythm
Halle doesn't actually sing in this, but lip syncing is all I could find.

Halle Berry (She's Fine)
Halle isn't a singer, but Hurricane Chris did write a song about her, and started a dance crazy online. In this clip Halle dances to the song with Ellen.

"When I was a kid, my mother told me that if you could not be a good loser, then there's no way you could be a good winner."
Feel free to post your own top 10 babes in the comments...or just complain about my picks.

No comments:

Post a Comment