What is this?

One night I was talking to Dave Leigh & others in Artifiction. The topic of a top 10 "hottie" list came up, and we discussed who would be on our lists. I had a good idea of who would probably make my list, but had never actually typed one up. As I sat down to make a rough draft, names kept popping into my head, and I quickly ran out of places on my list. After I narrowed it down to 10, I decided that I might as well post the others I listed. Every now & then I'll add a few more to the list. I don't really expect anyone to keep up with this or to make this a regular project. Posting only 10 seems too...incomplete...and it would bug me to have it unfinished.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

#9 Michelle Pfeiffer

One of the reasons I want to continue posting these after the top 10 is because my list changes constantly. Ask me a year from now who my top 10 are & chances are 2 of them will be different. 2 weeks ago Michelle Pfeiffer was listed around 12-14, but today she's 9th. Why the change? Well she was already high on my list, so it's not like this came outta nowhere, but the main reason is I had forgot just how hot she was. I hadn't seen a new Michelle Pfeiffer movie since "I Am Sam", but I ended up buying "I Could Never Be Your Woman" & watching "Personal Effects" on TV a couple weeks ago...and she's still got it. Or at least she did in those movies, 2009 being the most recent of them. It's not like it's a hard case to make having her on the list. She's been insanely hot in films for what...4 decades now? She did a little TV in the late 70's, it was the early 80's when "Grease 2" & "Scarface" came out. She was still smokin' in the 90's, and well those first 2 movies were from the 2000's...so yep that's 4 different decades. She didn't do anything in 2010, and nothing with her in it for 2011 has been released yet. I wouldn't be shocked if she made it 5 decades of hotness, and that is just amazing. I don't think I even knew who she was until "Batman Returns", but that cat suit was enough to get me to do my homework.

PS: She does all her own singing in the videos below. She may not be GREAT, but she's not bad.

Watch It:
Batman Returns (1992)
Wolf (1994)
Dangerous Minds (1995)
One Fine Day (1996)
The Story Of Us (1999)
I Am Sam (2001)
I Could Never Be Your Woman (2007)
Personal Effects (2009)

More Info: (Source)
- Born Michelle Marie Pfeiffer.
- While a teenage clerk at Vons Grocery Store in California (1974), she learned to tie maraschino cherry stems in knots with her tongue.
- There was a study done of the faces of beautiful women, quantifying the ratio of the width of the mouth to the width of the nose, attempting to find the perfect proportions for the perfect face of feminine beauty (the ratio turns out to be something like 1.7). The movie star with the most perfect proportions for feminine facial beauty, based on this measure, turns out to be Michelle Pfeiffer.
- Was chosen to be on the cover of the first ever "People Magazine's 50 Most Beautiful People In The World" issue in 1990; appeared on the list 6 times. (1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1996, 1999)
- Turned down the Sharon Stone role in Basic Instinct (1992).
- Turned down the role of the White Witch in The Chronicles Of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe (2005).
- Turned down the role of Clarice Starling in The Silence Of The Lambs (1991).
- Turned down the Ashley Judd role in Double Jeopardy (1999).
- Turned down the Demi Moore role in Disclosure (1994).
- Was offered the Julia Roberts role in Pretty Woman (1990).

Makin' Whoopee
Michelle Pfeiffer performing in The Fabulous Baker Boys (1989).

When You Believe
Michelle Pfeiffer & Sally Dworsky performing in The Prince Of Egypt (1998).

Big, Blonde And Beautiful (Reprise)
This is from Hairspray (2007), but I wish I could have found an embed for (The Legend Of) Miss Baltimore Crabs.

Cool Rider
Of course I have to share a couple numbers from Grease 2 (1982).

We'll Be Together

Feel free to post your own top 10 babes in the comments...or just complain about my picks.

No comments:

Post a Comment